The USB cable that came with your Ava can only be inserted into the Ava in (1) way. Please ensure you match the USB cable head and align it with the corresponding trapezoid shape of Ava’s USB port before inserting the cable.
You can then connect the other end of the USB cable into any device that has a USB port such as an existing phone charger adapter (the part with the prongs that plug into the wall), a laptop, or a desktop.
- We recommend using your Ava micro USB cable and plugging into a USB port on a laptop or desktop. Laptops and desktops have a built-in mechanism that prevents devices that are plugged into the USB ports from overheating.
- If your phone's charging cable has a micro USB-B head, you can use your phone’s charging cable as an alternative.
If the recommended charging method is not available, please consider the following items when selecting a charger:
- The charger should not supply more than 1 Amp of current to the device
- Fast chargers, wall sockets, and other chargers which supply more than 1 amp should not be used
- In some cases the cabling inside the charger is faulty which can lead to overheating of the device
Please contact Customer Support if you have additional questions