Ava should be charged daily:
- You can either leave your Ava plugged in all day, or charge it close to when you go to sleep.
- We do not recommend charging your Ava in the morning and then leaving it unplugged all day, because the battery may have drained by the time you put it on at night.
- We recommend using your Ava USB cable and plugging into a USB port on a laptop or desktop. Laptops and desktops have a built-in mechanism that prevents devices that are plugged into the USB ports from overheating.
- If your phone's charging cable has a micro USB-B (Ava 1.2) or USB-C (Ava 2.0) head, you can use your phone’s charging cable as an alternative.
If the recommended charging method is not available, please consider the following items when selecting a charger:
- The charger should have an output voltage of 5V DC (direct current) and a maximum output current of 1 Amp.
- Fast chargers, wall sockets, and other chargers which have an higher output than 5V DC (direct current) should not be used.
- In some cases the cabling inside the charger is faulty which can lead to overheating of the device.
Please contact Customer Support if you have additional questions.